Re: Light-weight GNUstep distribution

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Light-weight GNUstep distribution
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 22:28:25 +0100

Chris Hanson wrote:
Here's something I've been wondering. Has anyone written an Objective-C preprocessor and runtime that's compatible with GNUstep, but which generates ANSI C code that can be built in (say) Visual Studio or another ANSI C compiler?

I talked with Nicola about that at FOSDEM. I also think that a preprocessor would be very useful, not only for Windows but also for Linux and Solaris with alternative compilers (like the Sun compiler or the Intel compiler).

Problem is, that to write such a preprocessor you need to implement a full ANSI-C parser which is not exactly trivial ... Maybe one could use LCC as a basis.

regards,
  Helge