Sending messages to objects

From: Peter Karlsson
Subject: Sending messages to objects
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:45:16 +0000

I have a question about sending messages to objects.

In my code snippet I send a message to a button, telling it to change the title to 'newtitle'. So what happens is that the button I press changes the title. This is just an example so don't ask me why I did it that way :-). The question is: How do I change the title on the button from another place in my code? In this example I use sender as the reciever. It must be possible to give the button a name, right? But how? Outlets?

- (IBAction)buttonAction:(id)sender
{
NSString *name = @"newtitle";
[sender setTitle:name];