Re: collections of primitive types

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: collections of primitive types
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:29:11 -0700

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 11:26 AM, Travis Griggs wrote:

It looks like I'll have to do my own high res time object, hopefully these tutorials will elucidate how I build up a reusable library of such objects, and what the common conventions are for doing so. So, I'm on to my next question...

NSArray looks fine for storing objects. But quite often I want an array of floats or ints. What's the general approach? Do I box up the primitive numbers in objects and use NSArray? Is there a FloatArray or IntArray thing? Write my own?

FYI, I have a MathArray library that allows you to store numbers compactly (basically in an NSData object) and also do mathematical and matrix manipulations on them. I need to make a new release of it though...