Re: Newbie Gorm Question

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Newbie Gorm Question
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 08:18:19 -0800 (PST)

--- Wim Oudshoorn <woudshoo@xs4all.nl> wrote:
[ snip... ]

> Well, even if it works like this in IB on OS4.2 I still
> find it non-intuitive :-).
>
> I think it would be better to have two menu items.
> When you click on one you see, or should see the
> action/outlet appear and the focus should be on
> the newly created `thing'.
>
> Also, I think that a Class inspector, where you
> can create delete outlets/actions would
> also be a nice addition.  I feel it is more in line
> with the philosophy of Gorm.  You create something,
> select something, and can view/edit the object in
> the Inspector.

Everyone has his/her preferences about how it "should" have been done.

Being "in line" with the "philosophy of Gorm" (The Tao of Gorm?) is to be in
line with how it works on either OPENSTEP or MOSX.  Since GNUstep uses the NeXT
style interface I thought it best to implement it as it was under OPENSTEP.
The way it works in Gorm is the way it works under OPENSTEP.  The reason for
this is so that people coming from either OPENSTEP or MOSX will be able to make
the transition without needing to relearn anything.

There was never a "Class" inspector in IB under OPENSTEP, nor is there, to my
knowledge, a class inspector in IB under MOSX (I can check now that I've got a
G4).

> But well, were is time when you need it :-(.
>
> > There is an excellent tutorial at:
> > http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/GNUstep/Tutorial/
>
> I will take a look at it.
>
> Wim Oudshoorn.