Re: gui/gsnd/portaudio, freebsd patch

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: gui/gsnd/portaudio, freebsd patch
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:04:42 +0100

> On FreeBSD, there are syntax errors when building the file
> portaudio/pa_unix_oss/pa_unix_oss.c
i had the same problem...

> After applying a port audio patch found here
> [a url]
and i did it myself (so much redundant work... ;-)
well, i guess i didn't sent to the list,
because users, who are not able to fix this problem by itself,
shouldn't run cvs...
but so this error makes it into releases.
i guess, i have to adjust meself.

time to look at my
$ cvs up
M file
lines more closely...
(not that there are that many due to errors)

> things build fine.  I assume this is a change which should be put in
> CVS, unless there was something awry with my config.
it is not, my 5.0 does it too.

> One other question, the build guides say that to configure my
> environment I need to start the resulting "gsnd" daemon, along with
> gpbs on a user basis.  The build product stored in GS_ROOT/Tools on
> freeBSD was not gsnd but "gnustep_sndd" - can I assume these are
> equivalent?
this is the new name of gsnd.
afaik, gsnd was confusing, because there used to be another program with this
name.

~ibotty