Gnustep on alpha linux

From: Andrew Maier
Subject: Gnustep on alpha linux
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:22:15 +0000 (UTC)

Has anyone got Gnustep running on alpha linux (Debian in my case). I
have followed the instructions for compiling Gnustep and have installed
gnustep-make, gnustep-base, gnustep-gui and gnustep-back. It all
compiles (using gcc-3.2.2), albeit with a lot of warnigs which are probably
due to the 64bit nature of the alpha.

But as soon as I start to start an application (e.g. GWorkspace) I get
the following:

$ openapp GWorkspace
/home/andrew/gnustep/GWorkspace/GWorkspace.app/alpha/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/GWorkspace:
 Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: extra
 object crossref - 256

Does anyone know what this means???

Has anyone run Gnustep on alpha?

Any help appreciated.