Re: NSScroller and borders

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: NSScroller and borders
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:12:10 -0700

Jeff Teunissen wrote:

Anyway, this post is to bring up the subject of NSScrollView's default border type. From my examimations, OPENSTEP's NSScrollView has no border by default, while GNUstep's defaults to having a bezelled border. Besides being consistent with OPENSTEP, I think that it's a good idea in general for scrollviews to be unadorned by default, and if wanted it should be set.

gnustep-gui itself will not look different if the default is changed, but there is a small problem with a few apps that don't explicitly set their border type but obviously want one (chiefly Gorm [though I have a patch for this] and GNUMail, though there are others). They look a little bit ugly until they have been patched.

I suppose it would be a good idea to change this before I make the next release, otherwise it could be a over a month before it's put in. People will have plenty of time before the next stable gui release (about a month from now) to update their apps.

Do you have a patch for it?