ANN: Burn.app 0.3.0

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: ANN: Burn.app 0.3.0
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:37:43 +0100

Hi,
finally, I manged to release version 0.3.0 of Burn.app :) It has undergone some minor changes since the the last pre-release, but is essentially the same.

What is Burn.app?
-----------------
It is a CD burning front-end to cdrecord, cdrdao, mkisofs and cdparanoia, enabling you to compile and burn your CDs in a stepish way :)

Changes since the last release (0.2.2)
--------------------------------------
- First of all, the name changed from GSburn.app to Burn.app.
- Burn.app can now burn data files to a CD(-ROM).
- The discrimination between audio and data has gone. Each CD can
 contain audio tracks as well as data.
 This means that you can now create mixed mode CDs (_not_ CDplus!).
- The track list now uses an outline view instead of a table view and
 icons to visually separate data tracks from audio tracks.
- 'Add File(s)' has gone. Files are being added using GWorkspace and Dnd
 or services.
- Burn parameters and tool choice are now in two panels floating
 around on the desktop to make it easier to change settings. All
 parameters are restored in the next session of Burn.app.
- Burn.app now uses CDPlayer.app's AudioCD.bundle to load audio CDs
 and read their TOC.
- Burn.app has two inspectors, Track Inspector and Media Inspector to
 get additional information about tracks and inserted media.
- And many more (see README and CHANGELOG for details).

Where can you get Burn.app?
---------------------------
Simply go to http://gsburn.sourceforge.net and follow the links.

Please regard this software as beta, i.e. it still may contain bugs I have not detected, yet. If you do detect a bug or need a feature or have any comment don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net