Re: Problem starting gdomap

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Problem starting gdomap
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:58:02 -0800

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:38:23 +0100
Kjell Heskestad <nihil@opelwerk.com> wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for the reply. I'll search around some more.

You didn't say how you actually launch gdomap, but here's a suggestion.

In your GNUstep system startup script, do something like

  GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=/opt/GNUstep/System

  IFFILE=${PREFIX}/etc/gdomap_if
  PIDFILE=/tmp/gdomap.pid

  OPTIONS="-a ${IFFILE} -I ${PIDFILE} -p"

  echo -n 'GNUstep ('
    opentool gdomap ${OPTIONS} && echo -n ' gdomap,'
    opentool gdnc && echo -n ' gdnc,'
    opentool gnustep_sndd && echo -n ' gsnd'
  echo ') '

Change GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT to meet your setup and PREFIX to the path
where gdomap_if resides, or remove it if you put it in /etc/ directly.
The file gdomap_if is a one-liner, eg.

  192.168.0.5 255.255.255.0

It seems to make a difference when you actually run the GNUstep script,
but it generally works when launched as late as possible.

Hope that helps,

--
Chris