NSProgressIndicator

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: NSProgressIndicator
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:54:19 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

I noticed that NSProgressIndicator does not implement an indeterminate
behavior and that the determinate behavior does not look very
professional. I looked at the latest implementation from the GNUstep
CVS.

I am on a SuSE system where after a new apache install the document
root of the web server contains the image of a dancing penguin
(animated GIF). I was thinking maybe we should have something like
this for indeterminate progress indicators? It wouldn't necessarily
have to be a penguin; it could be a GNUstep-themed animation as well.

I understand that this type of feature is low-priority, indeed some
people might consider it a gimmick. On the other hand, every time I
sit down to write an application I am forced to realise how much
better my programs would look if only I knew how to design an
attractive GUI.

Best regards,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |