Re: regexps

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: regexps
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:43:14 -0500

From: "Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com>
To: Marko Riedel <mriedel@neuearbeit.de>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:11:55 -0800

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:48:58 +0100 (CET)
Marko Riedel <mriedel@neuearbeit.de> wrote:
> "BTW working on GSMBrowser I really missed my beloved Perl regular
> expressions. I am not at all a regexp expert, but even simple regexps
> can save so much time and code! Maybe we should devise a GNUStep
> interface to the PCRE library (like in PHP) or would this conflict
> with the desire to stick to the original OpenStep specification?"

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/GNUstep/english/

See somewhere in the middle of that page, PCREParser. Don't know how
mature it is, though.

 This is pretty old, about 1 year ago.
 I was thinking to rewrite it into a bundle
 because MusicBox need a regex engine.
 But I have to rebuild my system first.
 There is also an regex in GNUMail.
 I found WebCore use PCRE.
 It will be nice that there is an official one in gnustep,
 but it might break the portability to Cocoa.

 Yen-Ju

--
Chris