Re: GNUSTEP/linux

From: Alexey I. Froloff
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP/linux
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:47:50 +0300

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 10:38:16AM +0100, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
> I am therefore willing to spend some time to build&provide RPMs
> for the central pieces which will make GNUSTEP/linux. Therefore
> I'd like to ask anyone who 'owns' a GNUstep software project
> which should become part of the core desktop to provide me
> (privately) with
As I sayed before, I am making GNUstep RPMs for ALT Linux
distributions (http://www.altlinux.{com,org,ru}/). This RPMs
works in ALT Linux, maybe works in Mandrake, not sure about other
RPM-based distributions such as RedHat or SuSE. Since I am making
RPMs for ALT Linux, I am using ALT-speceific RPM macros in specs
which are not compatible with RH but can be easily found in ALT
Linux's rpm package.

> o Linux x86 RPMs (and/or source RPMs)
Binary and source RPMs can be downloaded from Daedalus repository
available on altlinux's mirrors:

http://www.altlinux.org/index.php?module=download

For now it's available only in "testing" repository Daedalus, but
I am planning to promote GNUstep to main ALT Linux repository
Sisyphus (http://www.altlinux.org/index.php?module=sisyphus)
after next gnustep-gui release (and this can be start of public
testing ;-)

> o the permission to use the stuff for this desktop initiative
Sure.

--
Regards, Alexey I. Froloff
AIF5-RIPN, AIF5-RIPE