Fwd: Announcing Wocoa Q1 2003 in Lausanne (Switzerland)

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Fwd: Announcing Wocoa Q1 2003 in Lausanne (Switzerland)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:40:58 +0100

Hi,

this might be of some interest to at least some of you...:-)

-Phil

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tomi Engel <tomi@objectfarm.org>
Date: Mon Feb 3, 2003  3:22:42  Uhr Europe/Zurich
To: macosx-dev@omnigroup.com, webobjects-dev@omnigroup.com

Announcing the 6th Wocoa Pow Wow

The drummers of the Wocoas, a european tribe of WebObjects and Cocoa developers, are beating their drums again. WebObjecs 5.2 is out and Apple is turning Mac OS X only. It is time to dance and celebrate ... again.

As usual this event will try to be as unorganized as ever. Please do _NOT_ expect a regular and boring trade show or conference but bring your DVDs, guitars and PowerBooks instead. This is a coming together and a sharing of knowledge and wisdom.

+++ Location

This time our host will be Sen:te and so we are gathering in the snowy part of Europe:

        Lausanne (Switzerland)
        Sat, March 1st, 2003

Full details about the location will be mailed to all those who registered.

+++ Registration

If you intend to join us, please send a message with your name and preferred email-address to

        smokesignal@wocoa.org

as soon as you can. Both are necessary for your name badge.

- If you want the name of your tribe our company to appear on your name badge ... please tell us what it should be. - If you still have your name badge from a previous Wocoa event ... please tell us and reuse it. - If you have a cool application that you would like to demo to other people, or have an interesting topic that you would like to share with other dancers ... just let us know. We will publish these topics on our webpages and the peoples mailinglist, so that others will know who to talk to.

We do not charge any fee for attending this Pow Wow but you will have to cover your own expenses.

You must register because we need to know how many Wocoa dancers will stomp our tipi. Otherwise we cannot guarantee to find a place big enough for all of us.

+++ Warning

PLEASE NOTE ... while we _might_ have a beamer and internet connection in place, please be aware that "sharing an interesting topic" should not be read as "giving a full blown hyper complicated sales presentation of your product and having the right to be depressed if nobody cares to listen". Our Pow Wows are organized chaos ... you have been warned!

+++ Further Information

Like during previous events we are again looking forward to welcome 50 - 100 highly motivated and creative Wocoa dancers.

The general information on our tribe is on the Wocoa website. And there you will soon find more information about cheap places to find some rest (hotels, sleeping bag places etc.)

        http://www.wocoa.org

+++ Sponsors

This event will be organized and sponsored as a joined effort by Sen:te, ilink GmbH and the ObjectFarm people. If you want to contribute to the event or have any questions ... feel free to contact us at:

         drummers@wocoa.org

+++ Beat the drums

We hope that you send the necessary smoke signals to your friends and that you tell them about the Wocoa Pow Wow. The more dancers come ... the better and louder our Pow Wow will be.

Share and Enjoy.

The Wocoa-Drummers