Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 2, Issue 68

From: Nicolas ROARD
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 2, Issue 68
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:05:43 +0100

Le vendredi, 24 jan 2003, à 20:45 Europe/Paris, Jonathan Gapen a écrit :

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Nicolas ROARD wrote:
Do you know what exactly is broking the bundle loading ? because it
seems that I have the same problem in trying to compile gnustep under
mac os x 10.2.3 with gcc 3.2.1 (not using the apple gcc) ...

     There's some really hairy code that sets up a callback function so
that gnustep-base can register in NSBundle the classes loaded from a
shared object.  When using gnustep-objc with gcc 3.2, as far as I could
tell in GDB, a global variable in libobjc doesn't get set with the address of the callback function, so libobjc can't call it and gnustep-base can't
register any classes in NSBundle.

Ok :-/
Could it be working with a previous version of gcc ? and which one ?
(should I step back with a gcc 2.9x ??)

thanks

--
Nicolas Roard