Re: IWM design: OS X-esque resize corner?

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: IWM design: OS X-esque resize corner?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:59:02 GMT

Mondragon, Ian writes:
All,
What would the general concensus be on having a resize corner like OS X?
On the code front, this would be incredibly easy to implement and would
actually **reduce** the client size.  On the GUI front, I think it might
look pretty slick, and give us a more "modern" look, as oppose to the
antiquated NeXT look (not that I don't like the old-school look and
feel...I just like the OS X look and feel alot more).
  Comment?  Suggestions?  Alternatives?

wmx and wm2 use sth like that in a windows lower right corner and it
occasionally p*sses me off since some apps do have 'widgets' there,
eg. xv's Quit button, or a scroll down button. You usually manage to
click the wrong one ... Might be a bit unusual nowadays, but a resize
button inside the titlebar would be better, see twm (I think) - though
I prefer the NeXT'ish "solution".
--
Chris