Re: Focus issues (Was: [Q] Win32 Backend Problem)

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Focus issues (Was: [Q] Win32 Backend Problem)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 01:00:34 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:
[snip]
> I spent a lot of time getting window focus to more-or-less work on X11,
> but it's possible I messed it up for the window's backend.

Is there any documentation of what the backend behavior is supposed to
be wrt. focus? Clean and well-defined interface and behavior (stuff like
what happens when a window is closed, or how and when the backend should
tell -gui about focus changes) would help a lot when working with
non-x11 backends. Should also make it easier to get focus right in -gui
once and for all, and to keep any x11-related magic in the -x11 backend.

[snip]

- Alexander Malmberg