NSFileWrapper incompatibility (Cocoa - GNUstep)

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: NSFileWrapper incompatibility (Cocoa - GNUstep)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:42:31 +0100

Hi all,

we would like to use -[NSFileWrapper serializedRepresentation] to exchange stuff between Cocoa and GNUstep. I suppose this is a bad idea since it looks like the formats are not compatible. What do people use instead? I want to use NSFileWrapper versus NSData since we need to determine the path extension of the original file on the other end.

Thanks for any hints,

   Andreas