Re: GNUstep repository (was LinuxSTEP + Integration of apps)

From: Tim Harrison
Subject: Re: GNUstep repository (was LinuxSTEP + Integration of apps)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:52:05 -0500

Stefan Urbanek wrote:

What about having something like distributed package lists? For example there should be one http://packages.gnustep.org/Packages.plist

[snip]

I have no time to implement this, but if there is anyone who is interested, just write me. Or I should put something on the gnustep wiki pages.

This type of system has been implemented, actually. This is VERY similar to how LSPM (LinuxSTEP Package Manager) works. Of course, considering I just got out of bed, I haven't the mental capacity to find the appropriate documentation, but if you download the LSCodeCore from the website, you can see how it works. Eric Sammer, as the author, would definitely be better able to respond to this, as well. LSPM is his magic.

http://developer.linuxstep.org/downloads/LinuxSTEP-CodeCore-0.0.10.tar.gz

(Going back to bed now. :) I'm on 12h night shifts this week.)

--

Tim Harrison
tim@linuxstep.org