Re: re : Integration of all apps in a repository?

From: Mayuresh Kathe
Subject: Re: re : Integration of all apps in a repository?
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 09:07:31 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 fmoser@altern.org wrote:

> This is certainly a good idea!

Thank you :)

> For now an application database will be ready soon:
> http://www.gnustep-apps.org/fred/www.gnustep-apps.org/20021227/
> display_all_apps.php
> It does just now provide infos and links to various repositories, but
> create a central one is an idea to think about...

I guess a single page with most of the related links would also be great.
I mean, I never knew about the gnusetp-apps site.

And just a while ago I came across an open source implementation of
WebObjects, then there's a guy called Chad Hardin writing some
libraries/glue layers which would make porting MacOS X apps a
breeze, integrating all these with GNUStep would be a great idea, isn't
it?

One fine day (probably me or someone smart) could start doing an integration
of GNUStep and Darwin to deliver powerfull alternative to MacOS X   :)

~Mayuresh