Re: resources for tools

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: resources for tools
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:54:25 +0000 (GMT)

> can i package resource files with tools? if gnustep-make does not support
> that any idea how it could be done?

Yes - you can.

>From the gnustep-make Instance/tool.make source code (not that I expect
you to read it, just it's handy for me to copy&paste) -

#
# If the user makefile contains the command
# xxx_HAS_RESOURCE_BUNDLE = yes
# then we need to build a resource bundle for the tool, and install it.
# You can then add resources to the tool, any sort of, with the usual
# xxx_RESOURCE_FILES, xxx_LOCALIZED_RESOURCE_FILES, xxx_LANGUAGES, etc.
# The tool resource bundle (and all resources inside it) can be
# accessed at runtime very comfortably, by using gnustep-base's
# [NSBundle +mainBundle] (exactly as you would do for an application).
#