revending DOs

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: revending DOs
Date: 17 Dec 2002 19:21:37 +0100

Hello,

I'm now a bit deeper in the DO quagmire which triggerd some new problems
for me ;-).

Specificially I want to revend an object (in a task say T2) which was
acquired via +rootProxyForConnectionWithRegisteredName: (from a task say
T1). Forwarding such an object to another task (T3) lets it look like a
normal object. Also methods seem to go one way, since I can trigger
NSLogs in the orignal task (T1). However the method calls do not return.
After no apparent delay an NSPortTimeoutException is triggered. This
seems to be a bug (cvs checkout as of today). I could work around this
problem by pulling in all required objects via
(+rootProxyForConnectionWithRegisteredName:, i.e. T3 regets the object
by said method rather than being given an object ref).

BTW has anybody adapted the gdb patch to gdb 5.3? Unfortunately I have
delted my last working patched 5.1 version and found it not too trivial
to adapt the latest patch.

Thanks all, best wishes,

        Stefan

---------
2002-12-17 19:16:51.449 zillionClient[17918] Exception while storing
results[simpleJob]: <NSException: 8163e18> NAME:NSPortTimeoutException
REASON:timed out waiting for reply