Re: base-1.5.1 cannot load XML gmodel file? (RE: how to load .gmodel fi

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: base-1.5.1 cannot load XML gmodel file? (RE: how to load .gmodel file?)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 05:49:23 +0000

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 12:08  am, Naomaru Itoi wrote:
But I still encounter the same problem when my program tries to load the attached .gmodel file.

"Critical Error in CurrencyConverter.  NSGenericException: Parse failed at line 1 (char 2) - unexpected character in string."

"Cannot load the main model file 'MainMenu'"

Now, what should I do?
We would like to develop an application on both MacOSX-Cocoa and Solaris-GNUstep, so nib2gmodel is essential ...

You need libxml2 installed to handle parsing of xml property lists.
Install a recent libxml2. Re-run the configure script for the base library and check that it finds the newly installed libxml.
Then re-build and re-install the base libarary.