From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Summary: Where is object_setInstanceVariable() in GNUstep?
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 18:55:20 +0100

Hi all,

I just found NSObjcRuntime.h and do

#ifdef __APPLE__
(void)object_setInstanceVariable(controllerObject, [aspect cString], targetCarrier);
#else
(void)GSSetInstanceVariable(controllerObject, aspect, targetCarrier);
#endif

now. Could not test if this works. At least the compiler does not complain anymore.

Regards,

   Andreas

I try to port (move) some code from Cocoa to GNUstep. In the Cocoa .m file I have

#import <objc/objc-class.h>

(void)object_setInstanceVariable(controllerObject, [aspect cString], targetCarrier);

When I complie this on GNUstep, I get

UIOutletAssociation.m:47: warning: implicit declaration of function `object_setInstanceVariable'

Where is this function defined in GNUstep?