Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:33:52 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

The extensions library is (unless things have changed) not an official part of GNUstep ... the code has never been contributed to the FSF as far as I know, and has neve been supported as part of GNUstep.

Interesting, I hadn't realized this.

I've spent a chunk of the weekend going through the gdl2 code to remove any dependencies on the extensions library and might get round to providing a patch to do that soon (I'm a bit hampered by being unfamiliar with gdl2 and having no test code to see if it still works after my changes).

Hmm. I can't give you code to test. (Maybe I'll find time next week to submit some regression tests.) But if you send your patches to me (maybe privatly), I can try it on the code I'm porting and tell you the results.

I think the behavior.h file has always been public in the base library. It is installed in /usr/GNUstep/System/Headers/gnustep/base along with most other non-Foundation headers, but It's not documented though, and the comments in the source/headers warn about using it ... probably that should be changed (ie. documentation added and warnings updated/clarified).

Perfect! Actually I realized that I should have looked there right after hiting 'send', and low and behold... :-)

Great.
Cheers,
Dave