Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:45:48 +0100

Mondragon, Ian wrote:

use a @protocol - that's exactly what they're for.  if you want all of your
classes to respond to everyoneDoThis and everyoneDoThat...
I believe that Manuel is aware of protocols and he is actually meaning to share the concrete implementation over multiple unrelated classes (that all happen to implement the methods and possibly have the same ivars needed for the implementation). If I'm correct, I'd extract the implementation to a seperate file to be included in the right spot of the different classes. Unlike the behavoir mechanism, this will create mutliple identical implementations associated with different classes. This does slow down compile time but I think debugging should be a lot more straight forward than using than manipulating the runtime as the behavoir does. But I guess it depends on the concrete case.

Just my 2 cents,
Cheers,
Dave