gnustep-resources (Was: Re: Problem with libart backend)

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: gnustep-resources (Was: Re: Problem with libart backend)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:27:29 +0100

On 2002-10-25 20:28:35 +0200 Jeff Teunissen <deek@d2dc.net> wrote:

Charles Philip Chan wrote:

I am in the process of trying out the libart backend, but I can't seem
to get it working. It keeps telling me that it can't find any fonts
although I do have gdkxft installed and configured. I am using the cvs
version of GNUstep. Do I need to put anything special with my defaults
file to get it working? Any help will be appreciated.

back-art doesn't use GDK, or Xft.

back-art loads font packages, located in */Library/Fonts. You can get more
information from <http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/nfont%20packages>.

To prevent such problems with new users and fonts, would it be possible to
include them somewhere with the gnustep core packages?
Like proposed before: gnustep-gui-resources package containing fonts, color
lists, images, sounds and other gui stuff. (Package contraining
System/Library/*)

What do you think?

Stefan