Re: mklinux etc

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: mklinux etc
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:20:59 +0200

on 10/15/02 5:34 AM, Adam Fedor at fedor@doc.com wrote:

>> openapp GWorkspace.app/
>> /usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gn
>> u/GWorkspace: error in loading shared libraries:
>> /usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.
>> so.1: undefined symbol: __vacall_r
>>

> For some reason, gnustep-base was expecting to have ffcall linked in but
> it wasn't (vacall_r is in ffcall). To be sure, after installing ffcall,
> you should do in gnustep-base:
>
> make distclean
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> If it still does not work, perhaps there is a problem finding or linking
> ffcall. Look for any warning messages from the compilation.

I recompiled ffcall. I saw no particular error reports, after make install i
get in /usr/local/lib several vacall related ".a" files.

I clean and remake "base" following the instructions above, I get several
warnings but no fatal error and everything gets installed.

I also added /usr/local/bin to ld.so.conf

but the problems remains while trying to startup a GNUStep application.

It is strange doesn't it? GNUstep is reported to work on MkLinux DR3 which
is obsolete... Pre-R2 is binary compatible with LinuxPPC "monolithic"...

The strange thing is that I have no fatal errors on ffcall. Does someone
work here on PPC ?

thanks,
    Riccardo