some gui issues

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: some gui issues
Date: 14 Oct 2002 15:52:37 +0200

On a fresh CVS snapshot the key window is deactivated when I click and
release on the main menu, which should not be the case.
Is it a matter of the Window Manager (WindowMaker 0.80)?

The Buttons of NSScroller instances do not allow a "drag over". This
means that when I push the mouse button on one scroll button I could
drag over to the other button which is then pressed without re-pushing
the mouse (OPENSTEP behavior). Since
NSTrackModeMatrix/NSHighlightModeMatrix of NSMatrix just provide this
behavior this suggests to group the buttons into a NSMatrix. The current
implementation stores cells in the NSScroller itself and therefore
doesn't provide for tracking. Of course the tracking code could be
copied over from NSMatrix but is it deemed to be to resource hungry to
require another subview within NSScroller?

BTW Richard seems to have touched the code most recently. Any comments?

Best wishes,

        Stefan