FW: Re: mklinux etc

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: FW: Re: mklinux etc
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:15:07 +0200

Can somebody help him (multix@ngi.it)? I can't...

Lars

----- Forwarded by Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf/BBDO-InterOne/DE on 14.10.2002
14:13 -----

Riccardo Mottola <multix@ngi.it>
12.10.2002 15:34

        To:     Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
<Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: mklinux etc

on 10/11/02 12:52 PM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf at
Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de wrote:

> Is this still alive?
Yes, it is... Pre-R2 got out August 2002 IIRC.

in the README documentation, MkLinux DR3 (ancient) is listed as supported
and working...

>> i got the current packages and tried to build them
>
> what version of gcc do you use? Some versions need the patched ObjC
> library installed.
2.95.x IIRC, anyway i compiled and installed objc> I shouldn't configure,
just make as someone here suggested and it worked.

I thereafter reconfigured and re-make and installed gui, base, back.

Before everything i compiled and installed ffcall, but to be sure, I
re-did
it.

Every pakcage mentioned is the latest release, except for gui which is the
"stable (.8.0)

I was able compile then ProjectBuilder and GWorkspace.

after that I treid to launch

openapp GWorkspace.app/
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gn
u/GWorkspace: error in loading shared libraries:
/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/powerpc/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.
so.1: undefined symbol: __vacall_r

It is the same error I get now at every login, it seems that something in
ffcall failed. but 1. is ffcall really needed? 2. i got no errors
compiling
and installing ffcall! besides the stange thing that it reposrs rs6000...

any suggestions?

-r