gnustep-base cannot find its headers?

From: Marcel Weiher
Subject: gnustep-base cannot find its headers?
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:31:10 +0200

Hi folks,

just starting out again with GNUStep (did some work with it a while back), and I am having problems building gnustep-base (1.4.1) on Windows with cygwin environment and the mingw compiler/tools.

The problem is that, starting with the first file in Additions (GSMime.m) , it cannot find the Foundation header files (Foundation/Foundation.h, Foundation/NSObject.h).

gnustep-make (1.4.0) compiled fine (after various tweaks to the environment). I am guessing that it may be an interaction between cygwin and the mingw toolchain, which doesn't really know about the special way cygwin modifies its paths. The question is, where in the makefile package I can intervene in order to tell it to look in some additional places, or where to (manually) place the headers so it can find them.

I've been looking through the docs and install readmes but haven't found anything yet...

Thanks for any help,

Marcel

--
Marcel Weiher                           Metaobject Software Technologies
marcel@metaobject.com           www.metaobject.com