Re: Colours in Terminal.app

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Colours in Terminal.app
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:26:16 +0200 (CEST)

> From: Andreas Heppel <aheppel@web.de>
> Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:48:58 +0200
>
> On 2002-10-07 15:22:38 -0700 Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Andreas,
> >
> > I may be speaking a little out of turn here, but I believe that Alex had
> > said
> > that the tools used to change colors on the command line in an X terminal
> > program (wterm, xterm) would work for Terminal.app since the code from
> > console.c (the standard GNU/Linux console) was used to implement it.
> >
> Gregory,
> which command line tools are you referring to?
>
> Andreas

I don't know. On xterm, I just use:

#
# ANSI terminal codes:
#

export CYAN_BACK=""
export MAGENTA_BACK=""
export BLUE_BACK=""
export YELLOW_BACK=""
export GREEN_BACK=""
export RED_BACK=""
export BLACK_BACK=""
export WHITE_BACK=""
export WHITE=""
export CYAN=""
export MAGENTA=""
export BLUE=""
export YELLOW=""
export GREEN=""
export RED=""
export BLACK=""
export NO_INVERT=""
export NO_BLINK=""
export NO_UNDERLINE=""
export NO_BOLD=""
export INVERT=""
export BLINK=""
export UNDERLINE=""
export BOLD=""
export NORMAL=""
export GOTO_HOME=""
export CLEAR_HOME=""

and then:

    echo ${CYAN_BACK}${RED}${BOLD}Hello World

But if there is  a tool that looks up these code  in a termcap file or
wherever  and is  able to  do  it portably  on any  kind of  terminal,
better.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
 The name is Baud,...... James Baud.