Re: RESOURCES variable in common.make

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: RESOURCES variable in common.make
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:14:39 +0100 (BST)

> Hi Nicola,
>
> What broke the first diffs I send for the directory layout was the
> RESOURCES variable in common.make

My path to change this is, to implement support for resources for
libraries (requires changes both in gnustep-make and gnustep-base).
GNUSTEP_RESOURCES will then disappear.

If you install a library (any library!) in LIBRARY_INSTALL_DIR, installing
the library will automatically install

$LIBRARY_INSTALL_DIR/[ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/]libgnustep-base.so
$LIBRARY_INSTALL_DIR/[ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/]libgnustep-base.so.8
$LIBRARY_INSTALL_DIR/[ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/]libgnustep-base.so.8.0.1
$LIBRARY_INSTALL_DIR/Resources/libgnustep-base/<any library resource here>

(hmmm ... I've got a few additional ideas and things to tidyup, but the
main logic will be this one)

then, we change all the core libraries to use this method of installing,
and the new gnustep-base API to find their own resources.