Re: [GSWHackers] HasGSWComponents entry in info plists?

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: [GSWHackers] HasGSWComponents entry in info plists?
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:24:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:06:17 +0200 David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> wrote:
 >| >  >| I have no idea if that is faster than letting NSBundle scan all
 >frameworks
 >| > and bundles.
 >| >
 >| > I have no idea too :-)
 >| > But I think it's not near 0 because a search is made for every unknown
 >component
 >| > with
 >| > all requested possible languages and with WO and GSWeb extensions.
 >| >
 >| > Manuel
 >|
 >| Hm. Why did you add that Key/Value pair then? It is a source of errors and
 >costs time.

Sorry, my sentence was not very good.
I haven't tested speed difference between version with this kv and without it
but for each searched component, gsweb
search for multiple files (possible language 1, language 2...., gsweb
extension, wo extension,...) in EACH bundle.
If there's only 1 or 2 bundles and only few languages, the difference may be
very small but when you have projects with
many bundles without gswcomponents) and many languages, I think the use of this
kv make the search (very ?) faster
by ignoring some of the bundles in the search.

 >| Shall we (Nicola?) now include the HasGSWComponents stuff in the makefiles
 >or shall I kick that that out of GSWeb?

Yes, I think we should include it.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <mguesdon@oxymium.net>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998