Problem with (using) autogsdoc

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Problem with (using) autogsdoc
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:47:25 -0700

Hi,

I'm having some problems using 'autogsdoc' to document some source code.
It does a reasonable good job on "flat" directory layouts, that is, one
directory containing all the source and the GNUmakefile(s). There seems
to be a (minor) problem though, that Functions.html does not have an [Up]
link, even when specifically defined in xxx_AGSDOC_FLAGS.

However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to use 'autogsdoc' in
the following scenario. Usually, for a cleaner layout, I have a top-level
directory containing the GNUmakefiles, the principal class and
sub-directories/-projects for extensions, sub-classes, functions, etc.
Something like:

  MyFramework/
    Extension.subproj/
        Extension1.[h,m]
        Extension2.[h,m]
        Extension3.[h,m]
        GNUmakefile(s)
    Functions.subproj/
        Functions1.[h,m]
        Functions2.[h,m]
        GNUmakefile(s)
    GNUmakefile(s)
    MyFramework.gsdoc
    PrincipalClass.h
    PrincipalClass.m
    SubClass1.subproj/
        GNUmakefile(s)
        SubClass1.[h,m]
        SubClass1+Private.[h,m]
    SubClass2.subproj/
        GNUmakefile(s)
        SubClass2.[h,m]
        SubClass2+Private.[h,m]

What would be the easiest way to create the HTML/gsdoc documentation with
MyFramework.html as the "index" file? I always end up either overriding
the previous entries in MyFramework.html, or 'autogsdoc' complaining
about sth like "<xxx>.m not where expected"...

What I haven't tried yet is to create the documentation for each of the
(sub)-projects, then copy the resulting files into one Doc directory and
create MyFramework.html using the *.igsdoc (?) files (if I can figure out
how to do that, since there's no "real life" docu on 'autogsdoc').
However, 'make doc=yes' would then be an (internal) two or three step
process...

Any suggestions?

--
Chris