NSTextField questions

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: NSTextField questions
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:34:27 +0200

Hello, list!

I have a bug report and a question about NSTextField,
using the GS snapshot of 20020910.

The delegate of the NSTextField doesn't get a
controlTextDidBeginEditing: message. It works with
controlTextDidChange: and ...EndEditing.
In fact, I think NSTextField itself doesn't receive
textDidBeginEditing, which I found out when subclassing NSTextField.

The question is: how can I figure out when an NSTextField has just
become the firstResponder? Is there a notification that is sent
in this case?
(this might be related to the bug above because I don't know if
textDidBeginEditing is supposed to be used for this or if it is sent
after the first editing key press in a text field).

I'd be glad if someone could answer this question!

Regards,
Dirk Lattermann.