Re: best OS for using gnustep on tiBook?

From: Stephen G . Walizer
Subject: Re: best OS for using gnustep on tiBook?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:45:17 -0400

On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 02:58 PM, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

By the way, I've go a question about the TiBook.  I've been hesitating
for 8 months about buying a top-notch TiBook configuration for MacOSX,
but the $6000 price  tag, vs the $2500 at most it  would cost to build
an  "equivalent" PC  laptop  with GNUstep/Linux  or  FreeBSD makes  me
wonder  if it  really is  worth the  cost.  What  do you  think? (Even
discounting  the expected culture  shock for  someone coming  from the
NeXT GUI).

What are you looking to do? I picked up one of the 700MHz iBooks and am running OS X 10.5 and I have to say I the performance is not bad at all. For the $1000 price difference (not sure what options you're looking at to bring the total to $6000) the iBook is a great deal.

- stephen.g.walizer - http://node777.net - sgw@node777.net