Re: GNUstep.h (was: Re: Setter Gettor method style)

From: Sir Raorn
Subject: Re: GNUstep.h (was: Re: Setter Gettor method style)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:33:32 +0400

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:06:39AM +0100, Bissell, Tim wrote:
> Check earlier emails on this subject in the list.  ({ and })
> are untouched by the preprocessor; so it passes through to
> the C compiler.
Yes, I know that. And I understand my mistake.

> id valid C (for gcc).  As GNUstep is written for gcc and the
> gcc Objective-C runtime, using gcc extensions to the C
> language is a valid policy.
Well, we are falling down to offtopic ;-)

I mean if you have...

#define SMTH() {smth}

if()
  SMTH();
else

...it will be expanded to...

if()
  {smth};
else

...and will cause an error (because of two operators after if).

do{}while(0) will work with any compiler, that's all I wanted
to say.

--
Regards, Sir Raorn.
AIF5-RIPN, AIF5-RIPE, Binec System Administrator.