Re: GScheme on Mac OS X/Darwin

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: GScheme on Mac OS X/Darwin
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:39:13 +0200 (CEST)

Markus Hitter writes:

 > Am Montag den, 5. August 2002, um 15:19, schrieb Marko Riedel:
 >
 > > b) empty an array without the contents getting a release message
 >
 > Can't imagine a situation where this would be good design. Would
 > you want to avoid the -retain when the objects are added to the
 > array, too? Why?
 >
 > It's easy however: send every object a -retain before releasing
 > the array.
 >

 > Markus
 >
 > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 > Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
 > http://www.jump-ing.de/

Hi there,

it occurs to me that my GC still needs a lot of improvements,
e.g. perhaps I should restrict garbage collection to compound data
structures and use retain/release on the rest. (Currently all scheme
objects e.g. including integers are handled by the GC.)

I would encourage people to look at the code and contribute
improvements. The GC is only a few lines of code. I would be very
happy to see it improved. Don't know yet when I'll work on GScheme
again.

Best regards,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |