Re: Status of the GNU 3DKit

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Status of the GNU 3DKit
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:24:46 +0100

> BTW has anybody started to work on a NSOpenGLView implementation for GNUstep?

Is there a reference to the API for this anywhere ? All the 3D stuff I
do in OpenStep is done with an off-screen bitmap that is attached
to an NSBitmapImageRep and then thrown into a window. O.K., so not the most
efficient way of doing things, but would form a very easy basis to implement
a portable OpenGLView wouldnt it ? I dont know how that affects acceleration
under X11-4 though. I am assuming that cards dont accelerate off-screen
bitmap rendering stuff in Mesa, sepite the fact I now have to link all
my commandline apps against the X11 libraries.

-bat.