Re: Current status of Cygwin port

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: Current status of Cygwin port
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:12:51 +0800

On 2002-07-18 18:54:26 +0400 Ildar Mulyukov <ildar@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>       Hello, everybody,

Hi!

> Please reply if you are using GNUstep on Cygwin. I wonder who currently
> suports it. And I'm interested in binaries / instructions on building GNUstep
> under Cygwin.

First of all, I'm not using it yet since it doesn't compile out of the box, but
I've tried and I'm interested so you need help I'm willing to spend some time
to make this port work.

I tried to build GNUstep on a Cygwin (1.3.10) / XFree (4.1.0) / Window Maker
(0.8.0) / gcc (3.1) environment running under WinXP Pro.   The problems that
keep GNUstep's core/base from being built are in the make files: dlltool is
called without the complete parameters (I ran it manually and it succeeded),
then dllwrap (I stopped there, but it seems that again it's called with
incomplete parameters).

> P.S. I am currently working on GNUstep/Cygwin port.

As I said, I you want help, and you are interested in an environment like the
one I have, I'm willing to help.

Regards.
--
René Berber