nib2gmodel problems...

From: Nick Zitzmann
Subject: nib2gmodel problems...
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:22:08 -0700

I've got some Mac OS X software I'd like to test under GNUstep. So I've been trying to get nib2gmodel 0.7 to work so I don't have to redo my whole UI from scratch. Only problem is I can't get nib2gmodel to work at all.

On Mac OS X 10.1.5, it won't even compile:

gcc GMArchiver.m -c -DNeXT_RUNTIME=1 -DNeXT_GUI_LIBRARY=1 -DNeXT_Foundation_LIBRARY=1 -DNeXT_GUI_LIBRARY=1 -DNeXT_RUNTIME=1 -DNeXT_Foundation_LIBRARY=1 -DGSWARN -O2 -Wno-import -fnext-runtime -Wall -I../Headers -I../Headers/gnustep -I. -I(bunch of paths here edited out; they're not important) -o static_obj/powerpc/darwin5.5/nx-nx-nx/GMArchiver.o
GMArchiver.m: In function `-[GMUnarchiver decodeSelectorWithName:]':
GMArchiver.m:929: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
GMArchiver.m:929: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
GMArchiver.m:929: for each function it appears in.)
GMArchiver.m:930: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
make[2]: *** [static_obj/powerpc/darwin5.5/nx-nx-
nx/GMArchiver.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libgmodel.all.library.variables] Error 2
make: *** [subproj-all] Error 2

I got it to compile under Linux with GCC 2.95 and the stable GNUstep stuff installed, and now it will compile but it won't work. If I run it like:

nib2gmodel MainMenu.nib MainMenu.gmodel

I get an error about MainMenu.gmodel not existing, so it doesn't do anything. Sorry I can't copy and paste the exact error message; KDE's Konsole 3.0 doesn't support copying text or dragging it into a text editor (arghhhhh).

I should mention that I made the nib file using the latest version of Interface Builder on Mac OS X, and I don't have OpenStep. I tried running nib2gmodel on the "internal" nib files, ie. objects.nib, and it still doesn't work...

Help?

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/