Re: referenced symbol not found

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: referenced symbol not found
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:15:38 +0100 (BST)

> WE have a Aggregate tool containing 3 frameworks. The "FIRST" framework
> used(included) in both "SECOND" and "THIRD"  frameworks. Now we have tried
> using the "THIRD" framwork related classes(Queue) in "SECOND" framework.
>
> Queue is in a  framework called THIRD, which is included in GNUmake file.
>
> Ex. <THIRD/THIRD.h>
>
> we tried changing order of frameworks compilation: from : "FIRST" "SECOND"
> "THIRD"   to: "FIRST" "THIRD" "SECOND"
>
> The following error has been observed while running the executable(Tool).
> We did not find any problem with compilation of the code, but it looks like
> the executable  is not able to load the library at run time.
>
> ld.so.1: /usr/GNUstep/System/Tools/sparc/solaris2.8/gnu-gnu-gnu/AlarmServer:
> fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.
> 8/gnu-gnu-gnu/libSECOND.so.1.0.0: symbol __objc_class_name_Queue:
> referenced symbol not found
> Killed

I am not familiar with solaris at all (and I know nothing about its
linker), so I am very likely saying something useless, but an
idea/suggestion which pops to mind would be to try changing the order of
libraries on the linker command line -

-lFirst -lThird -lSecond

rather than

-lFirst -lSecond -lThird