Is GNUstep ready for a challenge?

From: Juergen Gnoss
Subject: Is GNUstep ready for a challenge?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:17:54 -0700

Hi to all,

what the subject say's...

A challenge? what do i mean with that?

I'm a System integrator, at least is my job in the business world called so.
In my normal environment we create software for high integrated medical
devices.

In the past (some time ago) i had also some software to do with interactive
GUI's
and i used NeXTSTEP to implement this. Now i got another time a project
where i
have to care about the UI.

GNUstep seems to me be the best base to implement this project. The things
what i
see how the project is going and how advanced it is at the moment is great.

Up the road, there are some things they give me headache. But it could be
that i
only found not the right information source.

Q: what's about database integration?

I know there is a db package in GNUstep that's a partwise  implementation of
EOF 1.1
but this project has to deal with large amount of data. How comfortable is
gstep-db
to use? I doesn't found a sample that works with oracle. Any IDEA ????

Over all, if I start this project with GNUstep we all will make a big STEP.
I have
the budget but i need the programmer that are willing to give me a part of
their freedom
 and a bit of professional behavior for money. Programmers as freelance
dedicated or as second job, paid by objects, no relocation, communication
via internet. There is work for many fulltime jobs at least for one year,
and if its a good relation for other projects too.
(the resulting code will be still GNU LGPL)

thanks for reading my "book" and give me feedback.

juergen