GNUstep Help Format

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: GNUstep Help Format
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:42:31 -0400

So, I've heard tell of TODO files scattered about mentioning a
"GNUstep help format" to be planned some time in the future.

It seems that a lot of the core packages have their documentation in
Texinfo format, which I think is pretty great. Would it be reasonable
to suppose that, when a future "GNUstep help format" comes about,
Texinfo documentation will be upward compatible? In other words, there
will be some kind of texi2gshelp tool?

The reason I'm asking is that I maintain 5 GNUstep applications for
Debian GNU/Linux, most of which are poorly documented or
undocumented. I'd like to start creating some skeletal documentation
(and feed it upstream, of course), but I'd rather not do the work if
the docs will be incompatible in the future.

Any suggestions?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou