Re: OpenStep & harddisk capacity

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: OpenStep & harddisk capacity
Date: 14 Jun 2002 13:11:52 +0200

Hi,

I don't remember my last OS install exactly (about 2 years back), but
IIRC I had used the DOS-fdisk to create DOS and OPENSTEP partitions.
Then I used Linux to create Linux partitions and change the partition ID
of the (to be) Openstep partition to an Openstep type (0xa3 IIRC) since
indeed the Openstep fdisk used to get confused with large disks.
My general rule is (if Openstep/Linux/Win are required): Place
openstep/windows partitions in front of Linux paritions. Use Win/DOS to
partition OPENSTEP/Win and Linux to partition Linux. If I switched the
order or the type of creation I used to see one OS overwriting parts of
the partition in the other OS (one indication can be bad fsck failures
with Linux).

Best wishes,

        Stefan