building a debug version of GNUstep-base on Darwin

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: building a debug version of GNUstep-base on Darwin
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:14:20 +0200

Hi everybody,

lately I built a debug version of GNUstep base (make debug=yes) on Darwin.
However, I wanted to use of a debugging version of libobjc to link against
for that purpose. To achive that goal I had to replace every occurance of
"-lobjc" in core/ with "-lobjc_debug" to make that work, since I wasn't
able to figure out at which stage of the building process the use of
"-lobjc" is determined.

I know that my way is NOT the way to go (but just a brute force shortcut
to reach my goal). Does anybody know where the proper switch for that
purpose is (or could be) located?

I don't know if it is good to asume that if the user wants a debug version
of GNUstep to link against libobjc_debug.dylib by default (since the user
has to build libobjc_debug.dylib on it's own if she/he wants to use it.).
Any ideas?

greetings, Lars