Re: Including resources in a GNUstep bundle

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Including resources in a GNUstep bundle
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:03:34 +0100 (BST)

Hi Andreas,

I know we really should write a tutorial or something similar about
bundles. :-)

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to have a Localizable.strings file in the resources folder
> of a bundle. My GNUmakefile currently looks as follows.
>
> include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
> BUNDLE_NAME = Test
> Test_HEADER_FILES = Person.h
> Test_HEADER_FILES_INSTALL_DIR = Test
> Test_OBJC_FILES = Person.m
> Test_RESOURCES = Localizable.strings
> include GNUmakefile.preamble
> include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/bundle.make
>

> but Localizable.strings does not get copied to
> /opt/GNUstep/Local/Library/Bundles/Test.bundle/Resources. What am I
> doing wrong?

But it's more or less correct - only the Test_RESOURCES variable is not
exactly the precise name.

Quoting from core/make/Instance/bundle.make -

# The list of bundle resource file are in xxx_RESOURCE_FILES
# The list of localized bundle resource files is in
#                               xxx_LOCALIZED_RESOURCE_FILES
# The list of languages the bundle supports is in xxx_LANGUAGES

So I think something like

Test_RESOURCES_FILES = MyImage.png AnotherImage.png
Test_LOCALIZED_RESOURCE_FILES = Localizable.string
Test_LANGUAGES = English Italian French

(I added some images just to give you the full feeling) should make it.