Re: Building in a separate build directory

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: Re: Building in a separate build directory
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:29:18 +0200

Hi all,

even better: MacOSX also supports "build-intermediate", that is, it can keep temporary object files (eg .o files) in a separate dir from the results (GNUstep make places all files in a single directory).

I think Nicola considered to add the "build-dir" feature to gstep-make, but currently it isn't supported.

Thanks Helge for the info. That' s sad. How are people doing backups then? Include all the object files? This is a newbie question, I know, nevertheless, how can I go through a tree of project directories and remove all shared_obj directories without having to reference each shared_obj directory directly? I would liek to do this remove before backing up sources.

Thanks,

Andeas