RE: gnustep-gui-0.7.7 and back-0.7.7 build problems

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: gnustep-gui-0.7.7 and back-0.7.7 build problems
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:04:11 +0100 (BST)

> I downloaded the newest versions of the core package to try resolving my
> GWorkspace problems, but I am encountering even more problems with building
> the core:
> -gnustep-make-1.3.2
> -gnustep-base-1.3.2
> -gnustep-gui-0.7.7
> -gnustep-back-0.7.7
>
> I am having problems with the base giving me a bad cshell.  When I try to
> do a source /GNUtools/2.6/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.csh, it returns with a
> variable syntax error.

Please could you report exactly the error you get ?  Likely a bug, since
csh is not very well tested.  <if you can produce a fix, even better>.

But it works on my system (at least I don't seem to get a syntax error
upong sourcing GNUstep.csh).

If all else fails, switching to sh (bash recommended) might be a good
idea.