Re: gdb under MinGW ?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gdb under MinGW ?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 08:34:43 -0600

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On Wednesday, May 15, 2002, at 01:19 PM, Saibot wrote:

Hello,

I'm going to try and get GnuStep running on windows somewhere in the near
future.

Since it looks like some of you managed to do that, would you be so kind as
to help me figure out what I need to get (and where from) to get going
knowing that I have a windows 98 box with nothing in it (no gcc, no sygwin,
no nothing)

I'm not sure about 98 ... I use XP, and I think other people are mostly using
2000 or NT

You need to read the README.MinGW file in the Documentation subdirectory of the
GNUstep make package.  This will tell you where to get everything.

I can't get it the msys (README.MinGW) instructions to work on my Win98 machine (I get numerous problems compiling and installing the libraries). I have to use the cygwin instructions (README.cygwin). Even then I can't get gui programs to start up.

When I start a gui program (after starting gdomap and gdnc), the program complains that it can't contact the gdnc server and tries to start it, but hangs indefinetly. Most often I find that both the gdnc and gdomap that I started have been killed somehow.

I should try again sometime perhaps using some wisdom from the README.MinGW file.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you